We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Personal Data Protection


Turkish company buys Gävle Container Terminal

The Turkish harbor company Yilport Holding AB, with head office in Istanbul, is the new owner of the Gävle container terminal.

Yilport Holding is a daughter company of the Yildrim group, which is active in 17 countries. The company manages several large ports, primarily in the Mediterranean region. The Gävle Container Terminal is Yildrim’s first port in Sweden.

Stig Wåhlstedt, CEO of Gävle Container Terminal, explains that, “the purchase is advantageous for us. It provides stability, competence and a long-term perspective.”

Yilport has purchased 80 percent of the terminal’s shares. The remaining 20 percent is owned by the Gävle municipality through the company Gävle Stadshus AB.

“Yilport is an excellent partner and owner of the Gävle Container Terminal. It is a well-known port company that manages large ports,” claims Göran Arnell, Municipal representative on the company board.

Yilport’s owner, Robert Yildrim is set to present his plans for the Gävle Container Terminal in the near future.